Memorandum of Understanding
This Memorandum of Understanding made in March, 2012 between the Bermuda Football Association (herein called the “BFA”) and the Bermuda Futsal Federation (herein called “BFF”) outlines the conditions by which the BFA and BFF mutually agree to partner, cooperate and promote the playing of FUTSAL in Bermuda. In this regard, the BFA and BFF hereby agree to adhere to the following arrangements and will be individually responsible for these arrangements as set forth below:
1. The BFA is the only recognized national governing body in Bermuda by FIFA, CONCACAF and the CFU for the administration, coordination and promotion of Futsal.
2. The Bermuda Futsal Federation (BFF) is recognized by the BFA as a body responsible for promoting, developing and administering the FIFA recognized sport of Futsal in Bermuda.
NOW THEREFORE, for purposes of this Memorandum of Understanding, it is agreed as follows:
3. The BFA shall recognize the BFF as the only organization with the delegated responsibility under the auspices of the BFA to develop and promote all aspects of Futsal in Bermuda.
4. The BFA will utilize its best efforts to help the BFF develop the game of Futsal in Bermuda by advancing the opportunities to participate in Futsal activities through the clubs of the BFA and other organizations associated with the BFA.
5. The BFF in conjunction with the BFA will develop policies, procedures and programmes to develop and promote all aspects of Futsal in Bermuda in accordance with the general rules, aims and objectives of the BFA. In furtherance of the above, the BFF agrees to co-operate with the BFA and shall ensure that the BFA has permanent voting membership on its Council.
6. The BFF shall not in the course of its operation promote or hold itself out as speaking for or negotiating as if it where and or on behalf of the BFA without prior written consent from the BFA providing specific terms of reference and authorization to do so.
7. The BFF shall not during the normal course of its operation negotiate with international bodies including FIFA, CONCACAF, CFU, BOA and other such entities without the prior written consent of the BFA.
8. The BFF shall not form or select Bermuda representative teams for domestic or international competition without the prior written consent of the BFA regardless if the formation of such teams is for domestic or international activity.
9. The BFA and BFF agree that any player suspended by the BFA as a result of disciplinary sanctions taken against said player shall not be allowed to play in any BFF league matches or tournaments and any player suspended by the BFF as a result of disciplinary sanctions shall not be allowed to play in any BFA league matches or tournaments until such time as the sanction has been served.
10. BFA registered Referees may be used for Futsal games organized under the auspices of the BFF.
11. The BFF agrees that any expenses incurred during the observance of this Memorandum of Understanding is the responsibility of the BFF unless the BFA has given prior written authorization to underwrite the paying of the expense in part or in its entirety. Additionally, it is understood that any expenses incurred that are not approved by either party will be the responsibility of the person or persons incurring the expense. Furthermore, any matters that have not been approved and signed by both parties do not form part of this Memorandum of Understanding.
This Memorandum of Understanding sets forth the entire understanding relating to the activities stated above and supersedes and cancels any prior communication, understanding and agreements between the Bermuda Football Association and the Bermuda Futsal Federation and can be amended, modified or varied only by written confirmation and duly signed by all the parties as per below.